Broos Campbell

Broos Campbell is the author of the Matty Graves sea adventure series.

Friday, March 16, 2007

THE WAR OF KNIVES begins shipping

I just got a case of the hardcover edition of The War of Knives. The wife says, "I love, love, LOVE the cover." It features a maniacal-looking Matty with a bloody sword in his hand, and where there isn't an illustration, the dust jacket is lime green.

Lime green is one of the hot colors this season. The others are brown and a sort of muddy turquoise. The paperback edition of No Quarter, which McBooks is releasing at the same time, has the muddy turquoise.

The wife does television merchandizing and designs kids' clothes and bedding. She says pink is also in this season. I hope no one uses pink on one of my books.

Unless girls like it. Whatever the girl wants the girl gets, says I.